Thursday, August 13, 2009

Steven Tyler talks about fall, TOUR CANCELLED

Finally some word from Steven Tyler himself about his fall off the Buffalo Chip stage last week during the Sturgis Rally. This from People Magazine -

Steven Tyler says that in thousands of concerts he's only fallen off the stage four times – but this last one was worthy of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

"I landed upside down, and after twenty stitches on the back of my head, and a broken left shoulder, I just want to say that I'm plain grateful that I didn't break my neck!" the 61-year-old Aerosmith lead singer said Thursday in his first comments since last week's accident that left him with a broken left shoulder and 20 stitches on the back of his head.

Tyler said everything seemed to be going perfectly at the Aug. 5 show in Sturgis, S.D., where after a storm caused a one-hour delay, "Tens of thousands of my biker buddies were ready to rock!" He called it "one of the best shows we've played in a long time! The band was slammin' and I was lovin' every minute of it!"

Read the full story at People Magazine

Still no official word on whether the tour will continue. All of this week's Canadian leg was postponed for now.

EDIT 8/15 - The remainder of the Aerosmith tour for 2009 has officially been cancelled according to Aerosmith.com and their official fanclub AeroForceOne.com.

No comments: