Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pop Evil, Aberdeen, SD

Every once in a while I come across a musical act that I'm impressed with more than I expected. Such is the case with Michigan-based Pop Evil. I had heard their name, but that was about it before I saw them at the Aberdeen Music Fest on July 8, 2011.

With their hard-core heavy metal looks complete with lots of tattoos they just didn't look like my kind of band. I was wrong. These guys are very good at what they do and really got the crowd fired up.




Yes, that's a GoPro mini video camera strapped to bassist Matt DiRito's forehead. I don't know if you'll be seeing the Aberdeen fans in a Pop Evil video soon, but it had to be an interesting vantage point.

I also don't think you'll be seeing me running out and buying the latest Pop Evil music, but it's a lot better than I anticipated. I wouldn't be surprised to see them around South Dakota more often, they seem a perfect fit for the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.

No comments: