Friday, April 19, 2013

Jim Curry tribute to John Denver, Pierre, SD

Jim Curry brought the "Music of John Denver" tribute show to the Riggs High School Auditorium on April 18, 2013. The physical resemblance and heartfelt singing make Jim the top John Denver tribute act in the world.

 
I saw Jim perform at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado in 2012 and wasn't going to miss another chance to hear his tribute.
 
Making the Pierre performance even more special was the addition of videos projected behind the band during "Matthew" and "Calypso" that were the same ones John Denver used in his concerts, including several televised specials back in the 1970s. I remember vividly the first time I saw John Denver on TV and that "Matthew" video plays in my head each time I hear the song.
 
For more information about the Jim Curry tribute show and a concert schedule, check out www.jimcurrymusic.com.

No comments: