Tuesday, January 15, 2008

KISS, Rapid City, SD

Yep, it's more KISS! This time without makeup on the Crazy Nights tour in Rapid City, SD, March 19, 1988.

When KISS historians Curt Gooch and Jeff Suhs were working on their book "KISS Alive Forever: The Complete Touring History," I was looking at their website and noticed that they did not have this show listed. I quickly fired off an email, which led to me sending them newspaper clippings to prove I knew what I was talking about. It eventually led to the show being listed in the book and a couple of my photos being published in it as well.



One thing about Paul Stanley, he certainly pays attention to where the cameras are. Of course, it didn't hurt that I was the only camera there that night.





I was scheduled to do a phone interview with Gene Simmons about a week before this show. He would call my office at a pre-arranged time. I was actually going to talk to the Demon!!! I was living about 30 miles from the office at the time, and wouldn't you know it, a blizzard hit on interview morning. I couldn't get to the office, so I quickly called the PR company and tried to get the message to Gene to call me at home. Didn't happen, I'm sure the message didn't get relayed and he was annoyed that no one answered the phone at my office. Bummer...

No comments: