Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Turtles/Off Kilter, Epcot, FL

When I'm on vacation, I typically treat it that way - a break from my job. That means not lugging around large amounts of camera gear or worrying about when is the best light, etc. Of course, that doesn't mean I stop taking pictures, just that I use a small point-and-shoot camera and shoot what I can whenever I happen across it.

So, when you're at Walt Disney World's Epcot theme park and there are bands playing, you don't miss the opportunity to add to the collection!

Here are The Turtles featuring Flo and Eddie during Epcot's International Flower and Garden Festival in June 2006. "Flower Power" concerts, get it?





And one of the more unique rock bands you will see anywhere, or at least the only one I've seen with a bagpipe player - Off Kilter. Pretty cool name, too, if you think about it...



Off Kilter plays regularly near the Canada pavilion in Epcot. I've heard they actually sell more CDs by playing in that one spot over and over than a lot of bands that tour all over the country. Check them out at http://www.offkilter.net/.

No comments: